22 August 2005

Reflection - First Block

ReflectPrint1

All four of these impressions were taken from the square block shown in the previous post. I printed the pale orange, then turned the paper 180 degrees and printed the pale green. Then the process was repeated using slightly darker tones of each pigment, but this time I placed a circular stencil (just made of scrap paper) on the block before putting down the paper and rubbing with the baren.

I love some of the textures that are appearing - a hint of wood grain plus some of what the Japanese call goma-zuri, or sesame seed pattern. This is definitely fun. I wonder which end is the top. And how will I know when it's finished?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi
Totally neat to see the work
from finish to start. Thanks.
-patty

Mindy Wilson said...

I love this so much.
Mindy Wilson