07 April 2006

Zea Mays Printmaking Show

ZeaMays

Tonight I went to the opening of a group show by members of Zea Mays Printmaking. Located in Florence, MA, Zea Mays is a 2,000-square-foot studio and workshop with an emphasis on nontoxic intaglio, relief and monotype printmaking. They offer courses, studio space and opportunities for artists who work in other media to publish editions.

The show, at Northampton Center for the Arts through the end of April, includes prints by 15 different artists in many techniques and styles. I was very inspired by it and I'm seriously thinking of taking some classes at the studio. Self-education has its limits!

2 comments:

Michael Fraley said...

Hi Annie,

I was really hoping to be able to attend the Zea Mays woodblock workshop later this month, but medical and financial issues caught up with me. Thanks for mentioning Zea Mays and bringing up hopes for what I can still look forward to sometime when the workshop is offered again. Thanks also for the kind comments you've left on my own printmaking blog. It's very reassuring.

Michael Fraley

M.V. said...

Hi Annie,
I just want to say how much I love your weblog and the way you share your artistic process and all the interesting information and links on printmaking.
The link on the New Crown Point Press Book was really inspirational. I hope to read the book soon, it's a completely new approach to etching, one that I think will really be appreciated by those both new to or experienced in etching
Thank you!