07 April 2008

No Woodblocks Will Be Harmed

TibetBlockAcetate
Acetate masking (and glare from lamp)

To make this print I want to deconstruct the Tibetan design without actually deconstructing the woodblock itself. To accomplish this I've been using acetate to block out and print one section at a time. Since there are no registration marks on the block I'm printing free-form, just eyeballing where I want the paper to go.

TibetBlockTop
The top portion of the block

TibetBlockSquash
Smooshing letters together

TibetBlock#4
Another line of text

As you can see, this print will not be particularly subtle.

Now to carve the Chinese lettering.

ChineseLetteringCarve

2 comments:

Diane Cutter said...

Annie... What an inspiration, blocking off like that; thank you for the idea! I'm looking forward to this new one.

Acornmoon said...

Very inspiring, thanks for sharing.