19 May 2009

Japanese Woodblock Workshop

LeslieBarening

I'll be teaching Japanese style woodblock (moku hanga) again this summer at Zea Mays Printmaking in Florence MA. This four-day workshop in July will cover all aspects of creating a multicolor print -- developing a design, color separation, transferring the design to blocks of wood, carving the blocks, preparing the paper, and learning various techniques to print the blocks. Zea Mays Printmaking is a large airy studio in an old factory building beside a river in picturesque western Massachusetts. See the Zea Mays web site for more information and to register.

5 comments:

Kristen Dolloff said...

Highly recommended!

Elizabeth Seaver said...

I wish I could go! I hope you will teach it again.

Leslie Moore said...

YES! How exciting! I'm going to get there by hook or by crook, or maybe by carving knife or by baren! I feel like a woodblock imposter these days, I've been so busy with PenPets commissions. This will be just the boost I need back into the world of Moku Hanga. BTW, I recognize those hands!

Annie B said...

Thanks for the recommendation, Kristen! Elizabeth, I probably will teach again. Leslie, come on down! And thanks for modeling :)

Anonymous said...

Well, the distance from Australia is a bit of a stretch, but I'd certainly like to do a workshop with you!