Just a quick post to show the progress I made over the weekend on the Blessings Kite.
The next step was to carve away the areas of the sleeve that would stay lighter in tone.
I then printed a darker orange color to give the sleeve some more definition.
I carved away all the hand areas next so I could start printing the background. Notice that I did leave some of the linework at the center of the hand. That part will remain un-inked when I print but will support the paper to keep it from sagging into the carved out area.
I printed a gray halo around the hand to darken the next layer of color.
Then I printed a blue-to-yellow circular bokashi over the entire background.
This afternoon I've been carving the cloud patterns. This is the last of the carving. One more layer of color will finish the print.