25 August 2011


I spent the past 3 days at Zea Mays Printmaking in Florence MA at a silkscreen workshop taught by Jennifer Cooke of Raeburn Ink. It was a really fun workshop and I was very surprised to discover that I could make silkscreen look like watercolor by using extender in the inks. Here's one of the pieces I made at the workshop.

Experimental silkscreen print by Annie Bissett

I think silkscreen will come in handy when I want to include text in a woodblock print and I don't want to carve it. Or printing on fabric. Or...


Elisabeth Omdahl said...

Almost makes me droole!

Anita Thomhave Simonsen said...

it looks good and it sounds great that it can make a look just like watercolor...that is so good...good luck with using this method...many oportunities it seems... :O)

from Anita

jen said...

lovely! great to meet you Annie :)