12 April 2012

Screen Printing Extravaganza

ScreenPrintingZeaMays

I spent the day today at the beautiful new Zea Mays Printmaking Studio and helped get it dirty by screen printing the currency I designed last month. My experience with screen printing is very limited, so I had no idea how much I'd be able to accomplish in one day. I had prepared enough paper to do about 45 sheets of each of the four "denominations," and I brought all four screens with me. It turned out that in the 7 hours I had available I was able to print two denominations. Way faster than woodblock!!

Here are some photos:

SixUp
This is the "Earth" denomination. You can see that they're laid out to print six at a time. The back side is printed too.

SixUp2
This is the "Water" denomination.

FirstTwoBills
Here are a few of the bills cut down to singles.

I'll be going back to the studio next week to print the other two denominations.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the subtle humour here, Annie.

Marcy said...

be careful with that screen printing annie! -- it stole me away from woodcuts for good a couple years ago ;)

Annie B said...

Funny Marcy, that thought occurred to me as I was working yesterday!