30 October 2013

Headstones on Halloween

In preparation for my upcoming show, Welcome to Nonotuck, I've developed five designs based on drawings I made of colonial-era headstones at Bridge Street Cemetery, the oldest burial ground in Northampton, Massachusetts. I'll fill in more information later about the individuals for whom these grave markers were created (I'm a little strapped for time, as I hang the show next week), but for now here are the prints. I used a sumi ink wash on gampi, making just one of each design. Once the show is hung, I plan to make larger editions of each.

Jonathan (Hunt)

Phebe (Pomeroy)

Ebenezer (Parsons)

Dorcas (daughter of Ebenezer and Jerusha Clark)

William (Lyman)

4 comments:

Roberta Warshaw said...

Annie, I really love these. They are wonderful!

Renee A. Ugrin said...

Remarkable work, Annie!

Jeannie Hunt said...

The Dorcas angel looks a bit like George Washington. These are wonderful

Annie B said...

Thank you all!