13 March 2008

An Etsy Shop


I first heard about etsy, the online marketplace for buying & selling all things handmade, from printmaker m lee, who was an early adopter and still is a very successful shop owner. Etsy has grown exponentially since then and although I've wanted to open a shop I've been hesitant to add yet another website to my list of sites to attend to -- my illustration portfolio on the ispot.com, my own web site, my blog, my portfolio at the Directory of Illustration. It's a tough act to juggle, and I barely get out of the house on weekdays as it is!

Nevertheless, I finally took the plunge. Maybe having an etsy shop will allow me to take more walks to the post office! I've opened a store, with the simple URL AnnieBissett.etsy.com, and I'll slowly be listing all of the prints in my flat files. I hope you'll visit!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I am glad you have made a shop!

Amanda said...

Good move! You bet I'll drop by. Good luck with it.

Celia Hart said...

Well done getting that organised!
My etsy shop has no stock - I really must get my act together!

Hope it does well!

Celia

PS I've got the 'British Prints from the Machine Age' book - great! (but still would love to get to the exhibition in Boston)

Marissa L. Swinghammer said...

ooooooooooooooo

Of to heart you lady! Welcome!

Patricia Phare-Camp said...

Wish you the best of luck, luck nothing you're very talented and I'm sure you'll do well! Never thought of blogging about my shop, duh...watched Marissa's over the past year (who also influenced my shop) yet I still didn't think of it...and I'm supposed to be a creative;^}

Rachel said...

It looks great! As soon as I get some money to spend, I'll defintely be buying from you.