18 June 2008

Three Prophets In My Living Room

LivingRoom1
LivingRoom2

Ever since I first conceived of these three prints I pictured them hung like scrolls above my sofa, so this week I mounted three artist's proofs in a scroll-like way. I used two pieces of flat-with-rounded-edges moulding and some little screws to sandwich the prints and added some maroon cord for hanging. As my friend illustrator David Pohl said to me, "If you built it, they will come." I'm happy to have such good company in my living room with me.

13 comments:

Pietrocelli said...

very nice look it serie, well and sensitive work for all people around a world I think, very nice ;-))
Piet

Celia Hart said...

They look wonderful - I love the way you'vedone the mounts it really enhances the design.

And they look great in that room - with those elegant pillars.

Celia

d. moll, l.ac. said...

They look beautiful, so inviting and serene. The scroll method of hanging is quite ingenius!

Anonymous said...

Cool!

Tracy said...

they look wonderful. what a lovely addition to your home.

Sharri said...

Tres cool! Great job all around. Love your living room. And, now that I know you have a sofa I'm coming to visit - LOL

Ellen Shipley said...

I love your livingroom. The prints make quite a statement.

Leslie Moore said...

Your Three Prophets look stunning in your living room. What an accomplishment! I'm slowly reading my way through your wonderful blog from the beginning, enjoying every moment, and learning lots about woodblock printing. Thank you!

Annie B said...

Thank you so much everyone. You're all invited to come over and hang out in my living room. I think we would have a good time.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow........You have a fab living room and the prints look fantastic! They work so well together.

David Pohl said...

: )

Anonymous said...

These prints are fabulous; what a wonderful idea. They look great on your wall!

Amanda said...

Hi Annie,
I am just catching up with the blogs I missed while I was away. What an achievement! They look fantastic! congratulations!

Amanda