28 September 2008

Moku Hanga in Toronto


One of the readers of this blog let me know about a show opening in Toronto this coming weekend that looks fantastic, called "Water, Wood, Paper: Moku Hanga". The show runs from October 3 to November 15 and takes place at Toronto's Japan Foundation. Participating artists include Akira Kurosaki, Kyoko Sakamoto and Ralph Kiggell among others. If you can't get to Toronto to see the show (as I can't), the web site itself is wonderful, showing lots of work samples plus some very interesting tips and techniques. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Anita Thomhave Simonsen said...

well...one of them I´ve seen before..Ralph Kiggel (on the internet, maybe one of your links...)and I like what he´s doing...but thanks for the link to this event...I stayed on that site for almost an hour and read and saw....thanks....that is a fascinating thing this moku hanga...no wonder why it hit you...

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Let's go on a field trip. I really like Ralph Kiggel as well, and what a line up of other artists.

Annie B said...

Field trip, field trip!! Anita, want to come too?

Anita Thomhave Simonsen said...

Could be great if it was possible... then I would be in for a field trip too...let´s see some moku hanga....and other things too...give me some art...