05 March 2007
This past weekend I tried the method I discovered on Nana Shiomi's web site (see previous post) of printing intaglio with a woodblock. She uses a squeegee and acrylic paint, but I thought first I'd try intaglio ink since I had some around. Here's what I got:
NOT intaglio. This ink printed relief and very thick even though I used the squeegee pretty hard. I actually like this effect and will probably use it sometime, but not on this print.
So I tried acrylic paint and lo and behold: intaglio lines, just as Nana Shiomi promised! I still need to make adjustments to the consistency of the paint, but this definitely works. I don't think it adds anything to this print, though, so I'm going to leave it alone for now.