16 December 2009

Adding Some Color

Green
Red

Today I added two more impressions on the Ten Little Nine Little print. These shapes are based on photographs of hepatitis virus particles. I found one photo in particular where the particles seemed to be dyed or colored red and green, so I went with that - a nod to the Christmas season.

Here are the two blocks before I printed:

Blocks3_4

Just in case you're interested in any of the materials I'm immersing myself in as I work on this series about 17th century New England native Americans, here are a few sources:

- The Mashantucket Pequot Museum and Research Center - A tribally owned-and-operated museum complex located in southeastern Connecticut. Lots to explore on the web site as well.

- Indigenous Politics: From Native New England and Beyond - radio show and archived podcasts since 2007

- Indians and English: Facing Off in Early America, a book by Karen Ordahl Kupperman

- As the Wetu Turns - blog of Plimoth Plantation's Wampanoag Indigenous Program

I've been making good progress on this print, which makes me happy. Tomorrow may slow me down a little, as I'm going to the dentist for a root canal. I don't like the sound of that one bit...

2 comments:

Lana Lambert said...

"red and green...nod to christmas" I'm cracking up! This print is looking so great though! I love all the different colors and textures that mesh together in your layers of color and wood grain. Good luck on that root canal. Ouch!

Annie B said...

Hi Lana. Thanks for reading so closely that you got my little Christmas joke. Hope you have good holidays.