07 December 2009

Comment Moderation


Dear beloved blog readers,

My blog is getting spammed in a big way. Auto-spamming used to be a big problem on Blogger.com, but they figured out how to stop it, much to their credit. This latest spam, however, appears to be "hand made." That is, I suspect that individuals are actually being paid to visit blogs and spam them one by one.

I've always liked to keep this blog very open, allowing people to comment anonymously, but I can't stand this spam mucking up my blog so I've turned on "comment moderation" for a while. All this means is that if you comment, your comment won't immediately appear. I'll read it first and then I'll manually allow it to be posted. That way I can weed out my friendly spammers.

Thanks for your understanding.

love,  Annie

No comments: