07 June 2006

Art Interrupted

I've been working in the smallest, darkest room in my house for the past 10 years and have felt really cramped since I started making woodblock prints. My partner and I have agreed that I need more space, so I'm moving into a room that has windows on two sides and is almost twice as large as my old space. I'm really happy about it, but we're rearranging three rooms to make this happen so right now everything is in a state of total chaos. Above is the new space with everything piled up until I can figure out where it goes.

3 comments:

Hugo Sleestak said...

Annie, this dark, cramped little room looks wonderful to me. I work in an open room just off of the kitchen, and then the computer is at the kitchen table. If I have a canvas or board that is too large, it jiggles the hanging basket full of onions hanging just over my head. So yes, this looks great to me. Best wishes for the new studio though, and may many wonderful creations fly out of it for you. Blessings.

Annie B said...

Hi Michael,

The photo above is the NEW room I'm moving into, and it looks wonderful to me, too!! Thanks for the warm wishes.

Hugo Sleestak said...

Unfortunately, what I originally meant to write didn't follow through from my brain to my fingers ... My first thought was that as cluttered as you might think it is, it looks wonderful to me. But somewhere along the way, I sidetracked my own thought ...