01 September 2006

Tai Chi Attitude #4

Of the four tai chi prints this one has been the easiest to print. Above you can see the first two passes. Next I added an orange overprint to get a patterned costume:  

 

I like to go from light to dark, so I waited until this point to add the loopy linework. You can probably imagine that I held my breath as I printed the first one... 

 

...and I loved the results. There's some embossing in the paper from the thin ridges of wood, so in real life the lines look a bit like I drew them with a ballpoint pen. The block is a little off-register, but I kind of like it that way. Here's the final with the black added: 


 

3 comments:

Constance Brewer said...

Annie,
I love the four Tai Chi guys! Hard to decide who is my favorite, although surfin' dude is right up there.
After seeing the fantastic things you can do with the wood, I may have to pry my fingers off the lino and try it. Wonderful series!

Connie Brewer

Marissa L. Swinghammer said...

Looks wonderful Annie. I got my visor and have been playing with it. I look like a dufus while wearing it but it really does help with detail a lot. Thanks for the recommendation.

Hugo Sleestak said...

Impressed, as always!