25 October 2008

Blogging from Nagasawa Residency Program


Some of my favorite woodblock artists (Daniel Heyman, Eva Pietzcker) are individuals who at one time or another had the opportunity to attend Nagasawa Art Park on Awaji Island in Japan, a two-month residency program that teaches moku hanga. A British man who I know only by his blog handle, coldcell, is attending the Nagasawa program right now and is blogging about it. What a great opportunity to get an inside look at the program.

Click here for coldcell's Jason Oliver's blog, Distant Mountains.

Added 26 October: coldcell is Jason Oliver.

4 comments:

Anita Thomhave Simonsen said...

very interesting...thanks for the link, Annie.....

Anonymous said...

greetings..sorry, I should have introduced myself. My name is Jason Oliver..:D

If anyone is thinking of applying for the Nagasawa residency and can afford the time to do it, it is an amazing thing to do. Japan is so wonderfully different from London where I live that it is difficult to put into words. I am trying, with photographs, to document the days in Japan and trying to capture the feeling of the place. Thanks for linking to me Annie.

Bette Norcross Wappner -- said...

Thank you, Annie, for bringing this to our attention. How wonderful of Jason to share his daily experiences at Nagawawa with us!

Leslie Moore said...

Thanks Annie and Jason for two fabulous blogs. What an inspiration you both are!