04 October 2018

I Am Here

Hello blog readers. Greetings from Providence, Rhode Island! My family and I arrived here three and a half weeks ago, and just today I finished unpacking my studio space. I thought I'd give you a look around.

Here's my new house. The little upstairs balcony is accessible from my studio, a nice feature.
The door, which goes out to the balcony, plus the large window let in a lot of northern and eastern light. After living in a ranch house for the past eight years, it feels good to be up high again in my studio. I'm also happy that the room is big enough for a tall book shelf. The blue ring on the floor belongs to my dog Zuzu.
As in my previous studio, inks and brushes hang on the wall above my work tables. Flat files and a light box continue to the corner of the room. That blue paper on the wall is a map of the East Side of Providence where I live.
On the opposite side of the room is my computer station where I do my illustration work. That little door behind the printer goes to a small room which probably was designed to be a nursery back in the 1930s when the house was built. We're going to remove the door and have it drywalled over.
A deep closet lets me keep art supplies tucked away.

So I'm ready to get to work again! Today I ordered some paper and wood. I'll keep you posted.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Re the door to the other room. We took a door out and turned the space between the walls into shelving. Love your new home!

Kalilama said...

Looks like a great workspace, Annie!

Unknown said...

Looks like a great space! So happy for you!

Olga Norris said...

A place for everything, and everything in its place! It looks like a brilliant place to work. I blush to think of the state of my print workspace at present.
Power to your elbow.
Now you will have to change your profile as you are no longer a Massachusetts based printmaker - ?

Annie B said...

Thanks everyone. And Olga, thanks for reminding me about updating my profile!

John said...

Thank you for sharing these photos of your new home studio. They are a big help to those of us thinking about creating such a work space in our own homes.