06 November 2009

What you see is what you get

OutStudioWindowWhen this is what you see out your window, it's hard not to use yellow in your artwork. So I've been using some yellow and orange today.

Printing with paper this large is truly difficult. But by taking my time and walking away periodically for a breather, I've manged to not ruin any prints yet. Here's documentation of today's printing session:

YellowHills
OrangeHills

In native American news, President Obama met yesterday with leaders from all 564 federally recognized tribes at a Tribal Nations Conference. According to the NY Times "He vowed that there would be no more 'going through the motions' and that his administration would finally face the severe economic and social problems that are the result of centuries of federal abuse and neglect."

7 comments:

heliotrope said...

really...this one actually exceeded my expectations. And, I was expecting nothing less than wonderful from you. From the minute you introduced the concept I was hooked. Thank you so very much.

I've followed your blog from shortly after it's inception...having a shared interest in Moku and printing in general...but I've keep silent until now. I suppose you should know how great this place that you've created is. Very cool.

Celia Hart said...

Love the beautiful shading on the water - and the hunter in the sky.

Keep a steady nerve...

Celia

Eva Pietzcker said...

Beautiful, dear Annie.

Wishing you a happy autumn weekend--

Eva

d. moll, l.ac. said...

No prints ruined, that's fantastic:~)
Love the yellow. Thoughtful of Fall to give us a burst of color before the descent into the more monochrome Winter.

Anita Thomhave Simonsen said...

hi Annie !

I´m overwhelmed...it´s so delicate....love the physicality of the print...and the colors...know this about the colors getting in on you and out in what you do....these prints give me good vibrations and I´ll right away send some of them back and I look forward to seeing more of the process and the final some day...feel it is a very good print, you´re making....

starkeyart said...

Ditto to all of the above! The color combination and gradiation is lovely. Looking forward to seeing what's next...

Annie B said...

Hi heliotrope. Thanks for speaking up; it's good to meet you. I do feel a sense of community here on the blog. I was talking to my mother today and she said, "I love to read the comments." She said that she really likes how enthusiastic people are about making art and talking about it. I love to read the comments too. I get to know folks over time, I receive help and support and great tips and every once in a while I even get some helpful critique. Thanks for reading!