One of the things that's annoying about the otherwise brilliant Japanese kento method of registration, is that you have to allow an extra 1/2 inch or more of height and width for the kento cuts on every block, so you can't use the entire block for image area. I've decided to try the new registration boards from McClain's so that the kento is separate from my blocks and I can use the entire board for image only.
For this first experiment I've used artist's tape for a kento rather than permanently cutting into the wood. Here's the block nestled into the registration jig.
I took a few proofs of the keyblock on some very thin Japanese paper, which I'll then paste onto fresh blocks to make color separations. Because the paper is so thin, I printed by rolling on waterbased Akua intaglio ink rather than using sumi ink the moku hanga style. That way I could print dry to avoid distortion of the delicate paper.
Before I paste the prints onto the new blocks I'll be refining some of the lines on the keyblock.