09 October 2007

$6 Hanshita

I've just started working on a new print that will be the largest I've attempted so far: 13" x 30" (33 x 76 cm) paper size. It's a map-based print, so I need some precision in my sketches (hanshita) for each color. I thought about using my laser printer, but it can only print a maximum of 11" x 17". I finally ended up printing out my sketches at 50% and going to my local copy shop for an oversized xerox. It cost $1 per square foot, which came to about $6 for each of my four hanshita. Here's one of them:

BigHanshita

This print, the first in a series of three, will be based on a satellite view of Bethlehem. Here's the view I'm using for inspiration:

BethlehemArea

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been lurking around your blog for a while, but I must say I can't wait to see what you do for this piece, your prints are lovely and inspiring.

Annie B said...

Hi nyx. Thanks for un-lurking and saying hello. We'll see what happens here...